SENIOR PHYSICAL SECURITY SPECIALIST
eu-LISA is a European Agency for the operational management of large-scale IT systems in the area of freedom, security and justice. The Agency provides the technical and operational framework to ensure that European citizens and non-EU citizens enjoy the freedom to live, work and travel in a manner they have come to know and expect. The Agency is tasked with managing the three main IT systems dealing with visas, asylum requests and the exchange of information to guarantee the security of the Schengen Area.
More information about eu-LISA: http://www.eulisa.europa.eu/.
eu-LISA welcomes to join their Security team, Estonia
Senior Physical Security Specialist
The role of a Senior Physical Security Specialist is to perform security related tasks in the context of the relocation process of eu-LISA’s HQ and the management of the security guarding services delivered by the external contractor for eu-LISA Tallinn site.
- Handle and review site access accreditation requests
- Monitor and process messages sent to the functional email boxes
- Support the management and administration of the physical security contracts and financial processes
- Provide administrative support for guard force operating procedures and instructions
- Support the drafting of tender specifications (design, assess and support administratively the implementation of the physical security systems)
- Support the coordination and administration of the emergency response capability
- Provide support during security incident analysis or risk assessments
- Be part of the Emergency Response Capability and act as first line responder in case of security incident.
- Preparing documents such as reports, notes, letters, presentations, etc.
- Coordinate the flow of work in liaison with staff members from Security unit and/or other eu-LISA department, units.
- Participating in planning and organisational work for the relocation of eu-LISA’s HQ in Tallinn;
- Supporting in the definition of strategies and policies and implementation thereof
- Perform any other security related tasks as required by the eu-LISA Security Officer/security team
A level of education that correspond to completed university studies of at least 3 years attested by a diploma.
Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience from which minimum 3-year experience in the required field (work experience in police, security companies or military would be beneficial).
This profile is expected to possess advanced knowledge or experience of/in:
- Proof read communication, documents, draft emails, etc. as needed in English. Knowledge of Estonian language is an asset.
- Maintain high level of accuracy, loyalty, confidentiality and professionalism, including the following the line management instructions
- Ability to create professional documents and emails
- Run reports & handle special security- and safety-related projects, actions or activities as assigned
- Knowledge of implementing good practice in physical security.
- Ability of performing a management of security guards;
- Knowledge in managing access control systems, video surveillance systems and other security and/or safety systems
- Capability of handling access requests for the site and communicating with the stakeholders
- Knowledge of performing security and safety risk assessments for the site or special events.
- Capacity of identifying as needed specific vulnerabilities and threats regarding the security and safety of the site and assets
- Knowledge and capability of performing first response in case of an emergency
- Ability to work in team
- Preferably having previously worked in an international environment.
eu-LISA offers an opportunity to work in an international environment of important and prestigious organization.
Apply via CV Keskus or CV-Online by the 14th of June 2018.
We guarantee the confidentiality of candidacy!
More information about the terms of recruitment is
available by calling to Ilona Liventaal +372 5340 0686